Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Greater than Metallica


Why that title you ask? Check out the translated article below and you will know =)
Translated article:

A recent fanmade song about ‘Hot Trend’ IU has become a hot topic.

On the 23rd, a fan-made song titled ‘IU is Greater than Metallica?’ was uploaded onto a musician community site ‘Mule’, by the user ‘Ah Man Joong’ (which stands for ‘A gathering of males in their mid-20s who want to meet IU’).

Just as the title suggests, Ah Man Joong uses the heavy guitar riffs, deep bass and powerful drums reminiscent of the band Metallica, all the while singing about IU.

The lyrics (see below) reflect the affection that oppas in their twenties have for IU.

Particularly, the fusion of Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ with IU’s ‘You Know’ has received a lot of attention.

In response to this fanmade song, netizens commented “IU truly is great,” “IU is genuinely the hottest trend,” “One wouldn’t expect such music to contain so much love,” and “Should I make something too?”



Lyrics:

Metallica! Megadeth! Anthrax! Slayer!
IU is greater than all of them!

Heavy metal! LA metal! Death metal! Fusion Jazz! Charlie Parker! Hardcore!
I don’t need any of it!

Back then it was Metallica! Now it’s IU!
For girls there’s Dong Bang Shin Ki! For us there’s IU!
It’s now IU! From here on it’s IU!
Forever it’s IU! IU is the truth!!

AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! I love you!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! I love you today!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! I love you now!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! I’ll love you forever!!

IU! IU! IU! IU!
Do you want me! HUH! Do you want to have me! HUH!

AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! Please meet me just once!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! Don’t be scared!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! Please give me your autograph!
AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! AARRGGHH!!

AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!! AHHHHHHHEEEEEYOOOOO!!
HHHAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Translation: janeberryblue @ WeHeartIU.com
Source: MyDaily
Original ArticleNate

LOL although it isn't really my kind of song but ya, it was praise worthy 

No comments:

Post a Comment