Friday, April 1, 2011

Interview with Shin Dong Ah

Translations under the Cut! =)




0:59 - 2:13
She failed about 15 times, but she didn’t get discouraged because during those days, she was determiined that she will eventually become a singer one day.

During her training, she spent many days by herself. Instead of receving formal lessons, she spent countless hours in her room singing and playing the guitar. She didn’t receive guitar lessons. She learned by looking at other stars and composers. She lacks many basic and intermediate guitar skills. If the composers give her a tip, she would go to her room and practice that all day. For 4-5 months, she would start practicing right after she woke up and practiced all day until bed time.

2:14 - 3:01
When her first album ‘Good day’ became a success, she was happy every single day, like a dream…felt that people didn’t have to so good to her, and that she wanted to be better for others up until promoting ‘Good day’. But as soon as she started that and receiving all that interest from people for the first time, she started worrying and thinking about many things, stress started to build and there were many sleepless nights, For a while she felt close to being depressed…maybe not depression but she felt frustrated. Also when she started singing ballads she started feeling down, but after a few days she would feel better, have a thankful attitude.

3:18 - 4:13
She likes sad and blues style of songs. The song ‘The story only I didn’t know’ is the closest to her style of music. She said that the fans who started liking her because of songs like ‘Marshmallow’ were surprised when she sang songs like that…and she understands why they feel that way. Something she’s been worrying for a while is which style of music should she sing taking into account the style of music other people like and the style of music she likes. At this time, she hasn’t come to any conclucsions regarding this matter…She really became a singer because she wanted to do what she wanted to do which is to sing the music she likes, but if she only keep singing songs that others like and not her, it would be a sad situation for herself…

4:22 -5:21
QUESTION: ACTING VS ?????
I had a lot of fun acting, but I find find ????? difficult. When acting, all i need to do is become another person and just do as the director tells me. As for ????, I have to worrying and think about it alot…

QUESTION: DO YOU RESEMBLE THE CHARACTER IN DREAM HIGH?
I think so…I am very stubborn. When people tell me I should do things a certain way, I don’t accept it easily, although I know I should.

QUESTION: KISSING SCENE?
My parents told me NEVER to kiss. So I told my director i can’t…that my mother told me not to. Me and Wooyoung objected strongly, although the staff members were like ‘what’s the big deal?’

5:22 - 6:04
QUESTION: COMPLEX?
I have a lot of complex, about my face as well. But recently, it’s not really an issue because many have to come to like me with my appearance.

QUESTION: DID YOU GET ADVISED TO GET PLASTIC SURGERY?
When I debuted, I told them I was against it. I didn’t want it and my mother was scared… Just before I ‘Good day’ album came out she told her company that she wanted to do it, but then they told me that I shouldn’t do it, haha. If I ever decide to get plastic surgery I would do it after my 20’s…on my nose.

6:04 - 6:19
QUESITON: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU WANT TO SING?
Songs that have alot to say. I don’t know how to explain it…it doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be ballad…just music that would suit my voice.

QUESTION: IF YOU DIDN’T BECOME A SINGER?
I would probably still be in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment