Friday, February 25, 2011

IU's "Late for Dream High Concert" Drama

Dear readers, be prepared for a long post.


Today was the actual day of the Dream High Concert which was performed by the cast of Dream High. However, IU was caught in a storm of drama as she was late or what was claimed to be. Check out the full details under the cut.

Translated article:
On February 25th, posts on various internet community boards revealed that IU was an hour late for her performance at the “Dream High” concert. Netizens are furious over the fact that she wasn’t just late – she had also failed to apologize to the audience for her delay.

According to these netizens, the event was put on hold because of IU, which ended with some fans being forced to return home without being able to experience the entire concert line-up. Some of the concertgoers were of a younger age, and so they had to skip the rest of the concert in order to meet their curfews.
When it was discovered that IU did not make an apology, both her attitude and the poor concert organization was put up on the chopping board.

The controversy heated up even more when IU wrote the following message on her me2day after the concert: 

“I clenched my jaw and ran and ran today, but all that returned was…… Who is this song for? I really don’t know lately.”

On February 25th, representatives of Loen Entertainment spoke with Asia Economy and revealed, “Regarding the delay, we have to discuss the matter with the producers once more. And unlike what was previously reported, the start of the concert was at 9:00 PM, not 8:30 PM. Honestly, we’d like to reveal the event’s cue sheet, but we’ll be releasing a statement after a meeting with the producers.”

Netizens are speculating that IU was running behind because of her jam-packed scheduled, which had IU appear at a game festival for “Alicia” right after her performance on ”M! Countdown” at 7:00 PM.

Numerous other variables also stood in the way of IU being able to get to the “Dream High” concert on time, such as IU being forced to stay on-site for the live broadcast of a program, which made it impossible for her to traverse from Yongsan to Kyoyang on time.
Thankfully, the marketing team of Dream High helped clear up the mess by revealing that the reports were exaggerated.

They stated, “It is true that IU was late, but she was only 20 minutes late, not one or two hours like some reports have stated. We gave notice of the time change to 8:30 PM a few days before the concert, and notified singers to arrive by 9:00 PM, since gagwoman Bae Young Hee would be performing from 8:30 to 9:00 PM. The concert began at 9:20, and IU was only late for 20 minutes.”


They continued, “The reason for the concert time being changed was not because of IU’s other schedules; rather, it was because of her drama filming. IU worked hard on her morning rehearsal, and the internet blew the entire situation out of proportion.”

Even with such a statement released, netizens were still upset over her me2day post of which IU made an official reply just recently.


Hello this is IU. I would like to apologize in a different manner but this is the only way for me to express my feelings so I’m sorry for posting this.. I sincerely apologize to all the people who have been hurt or displeased because of me yesterday and today. I was thoughtless… The ‘Dream High’ concert was delayed because I was late. I’m very sorry to the audience, the cast, and all the people that were there. Also, I’m sorry for being immature and causing anxiety by posting words regarding a personal issue before apologizing. I was very flippant.. After being punished and regreting my actions, I will not make a mistake again. I will be a mature and adult-like IU. Those who have been disappointed because of me.. I promise you. Once again, I bow my head before many and apologize. I’m sorry.

Credits: Allkpop

I really hope this apology would end the drama. Our poor IU must have suffered. But was it really her fault? She had a real hectic schedule to begin with and in order to ensure that the concert continues as soon as possible, she must have forgotten to apologize to the audience. We all do make such mistakes from time to time do we? What do all you readers think? Please post in the comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment